- About Us
- What's New!
- Market Creation
- S&I 100
- Funder Working Groups
- Knowledge Center
- Our Initiatives
Social Impact Exchange is building a capital marketplace comprised of a number of activities that together form an integrated system to consistently fund scaling initiatives. Funders are encouraged to participate in any of the initiatives below that align with their interests and goals. Participation can provide significant benefits to funders and is free of charge. For more information contact us at email@example.com.
Facilitate Collaborative Funding
Members can co-fund evidence-based scaling efforts and nominate their own grantees for funding.
- Funder Working Groups – collaboratives within the Exchange that support scaling initiatives in education, health, poverty and impact investing, and in specific geographies. Working Groups also help establish co-funding markets that engage wider networks of funders in scaling efforts.
- The Scaling Marketplace - an online platform spearheaded by the Exchange's Funder Working Groups that enables local and national funders the opportunity to co-fund growth capital campaigns of game-changing nonprofits
- S&I 100 - an online investment platform of top, evidence-based nonprofits that are scaling their impact across the country.
- SIF Foundation Registry - a web-based platform that simplifies the process for eligible Social Innovation Fund (“SIF”) nonprofits to obtain matching funds from foundations.
- Funder Networks – broader networks of funders in education, health, and poverty alleviation who receive well-vetted, high-impact initiatives for co-funding that are identified by the Exchange’s Funder Working Groups and other experts.
- “Scaling in Action” Investment Fair - presentations at the Exchange’s Annual Conference by high-impact nonprofits that are scaling their impact.
- Social Impact Business Plan Competition - a competition that identifies scale-ready nonprofits and provides them with financial and consulting awards.
Members work together to establish the infrastructure necessary for a capital marketplace to emerge:
- Scaling Marketplace platform - click here to visit the online marketplace where funders are joining forces to bring the most promising strategies to scale.
- Develop Common Standards – for due diligence, investor information, and performance reporting.
- Create Distribution Channels – to share scaling initiatives to thousands of funders and donors.
- Support Intermediaries – that scale nonprofits in specific cities and issues.
- Develop New Products – for scaling solutions as part of the activities of the Funder Working Groups
Develop & Share Knowledge
- Knowledge Center – a library of articles, research, cases studies, and tools and templates on scaling impact.
- Training & Education – webinars, regional meetings, and conferences.
- Knowledge Dissemination – articles and reports distributed to members.
- Annual Conference – a national gathering for grantmaking foundations, individual donors, and philanthropy advisors to network, share knowledge, and learn about scaling initiatives. See highlights from 2012 Conference.
- Annual Symposium – a national gathering for nonprofits, academics, funders, service providers, and others to learn about scaling impact and witness the final round of the Exchange’s Business Plan Competition.
Note: Social Impact Exchange is not a grantmaking or lending organization.